Wednesday, January 31, 2007

EMG results - SURGERY!!!!

So, over Christmas break I had an EMG done. Considering I became a human pin cushion and had electric currents zapping through my arms, it wasn't that bad. The Dr. was really fast and there was only a little blood. Ha.

The results: I have mild carpal tunnel symptoms in my right hand and moderate in my left. Bummer. I'm supposed to have surgery. But how? Here are some things I won't be able to do (keep in mind that the list will grow when they do my right hand since I'm right-handed:

  • dress myself (hmmmm ... that right there is reason enough)
  • pick up my son (I won't have to change diapers though. that's a plus!)
  • drive (another tough one)
  • cut my own food
  • showering could be a challenge
  • write
  • type (well, I could type 1 handed but that will take centuries ... at least!)
  • put my hair in a pony tail

That's just the list that immediately came to mind. I'm sure there are a quadzillion more things that I won't be able to do. What else won't I be able to do??? You can list them under comments. :)

But I will be able to:

  • play cars w/ Kevin
  • watch movies
  • sing
  • pray
  • sleep (providing that I have really good drugs so I can sleep. hehehe.)
  • read
  • eat
  • brush my hair
  • talk on my cell
  • do my own make up
Now ... when to have the surgery???? My mom will be gone for 2 weeks beginning in spring break to help her mom & dad since Grandma will be having knee surgery. What a dilemma! Brilliant ideas welcome!

No comments: